Re: AI boxing

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 11:29:02 MDT

> Becuase the precautions have to include someway to
> let the AI out if it's
> nice, otherwise, why are we making the AI? just so
> we can wave at it through
> soundproof, auto-opaquing glass?

Sorry for the tardy reply, I've been visiting the
13th Century for a couple of weeks
(http://www.pennsicwar.org/). The sealed box
requirements I was referring to were for the 'Seed
AI development lab'. This is similar to the safety
precautions in a biotech lab - the stuff you are
working on during development can be a lot more
dangerous than the finished product. Therefore you
should take precautions to make the lab safer.

Daniel