Re: Metarationality (was: JOIN: Alden Streeter)

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 02:29:26 MDT

On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 01:22 AM, Alden Streeter wrote:

> My working definition of "rationality" is: anything that you believe is
> rational that you have not yet realized is actually irrational. ;-)

This is not that far from the way one approaches becoming rational. You
find irrational thought, acknowledge it, and then root it out. Repeat.
At some point you run out of thought that is irrational (or if you're
Ben you claim that this doesn't happen).

Also, it seems you are this months lucky winner of being the namesake of
the thread that I end up turning into a big discussion of rationality.
Johnny, tell him what he's won:

"Well, Gordon, Alden wins fabulous knowledge about how the human mind
works. He also will receive slightly advanced shipping on the
Singularity and all of its rewards. He'll also be receiving interesting
insights along with the rest of our contestants."

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose