Re: This is SL4. This is SL4 on drugs. Any questions?

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 04:58:01 MDT

Samantha Atkins wrote:
> Eliezer,
>
> With all due (considerable) respect, if you haven't been there, you
> have no freaking idea what you are talking about. I know it sounds
> really really dumb to you. But there is a bit more to such things than
> you might imagine. A teensy bit of assumption that we weren't simply
> being utterly nuts, based on dealings with us since, would be nice.

I take it into account. Otherwise I would have spoken up a long time ago,
back during SL4's first round of bizarre drug reminescences.

Then, on the other hand, there's other people who I also respect, who were
- as they see it - absolute damn fools to take drugs during their wild and
reckless youth, which they now regret ever afterward, not just because of
the youthful stupidity but because they're worried it may have permanently
taken the edge off their intelligence.

I take that into account too.