Re: anonymous collaborative filtering

From: Alexander E. Richter (arichter@bubis.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 08:52:56 MDT

> [voting]
>But weighted systems are subject to their own breed of manipulation.

When we put a voting-system into our forums, nothing ever emerged, nothing
appeared even promising, in the remotest sense. Users manipulated too much.
We removed the voting-system, because it lowered the quality of discussions.

Moderated wikis, lexicons, faq-builder and linklists are working as a
forum-filter. We are not yet sure of the most effective way of approaching
this, so we are testing a few ways in order to find the best.

cu Alex