RE: Miller's The Mating Mind

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 22:36:13 MDT

> >I wonder where you cook up these assertions about me, Eliezer.
> >Your dedication is admirable, and your creative thinking on the future of
> >AI, technology, mind and reality is often excellent.
> >However, your attitude toward me and many other human beings,
> really gets on
> >my nerves sometimes.
>
> That's understandable, but you are quoting someone apparently called hook
> <hookysun@hotmail.com>
>
> Is this poster Eliezer in a cunning plastic disguise? I wouldn't have
> thought so.

Well I'll be!!!

Looks like I owe you an apology, Mr. Yudkowsky!

My response to the post basically still stands, but the reponse should
evidently have been directed toward Captain Hook instead of you... ;)

Apparently I was misled by the fact that the post began with

"From: "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com>"

But I see now that this was part of a quotation from a prior e-mail of
Eliezer's.

OK, I think this is a sign I've done too much e-mailing for one Sunday
evening ;)

-- Ben