Re: Rationality and altered states of consciousness

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 18:31:06 MDT

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 12:10 PM, Ben Goertzel wrote:

>>> I personally AM, but I don't believe this is the optimal path for
>>> everyone...
>>
>> If a person wants to see the Singularity happen and is capable of
>> contributing to it's creation, under what conditions would working
>> towards the Singularity not be an optimal path?
>
> If that person was capable of contributing *much more strongly* to other
> valuable things like helping humans concretely in the present world.

This is going to have to be a huge amount of help. See the WTA
Deathwatch for the numbers. For example, if that person's helping made
the Singularity occur one week earlier, if he didn't work on the
Singularity then I think that it would be fair to expect him to see to
it that the number of people who would have died in any given week make
it to see the Singularity.

--
Gordon Worley "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/ you show him what he is like."