Re: Idea extraction

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 13:19:12 MDT

Offhand I don't see what distinquishes this product from some of
the large full-text indexing and search products already on the
market. Some of them have at least limited concept-search if
not concept extraction. The best of these use a bayesian
approach to determining which documents are likely to be
relevant to particular concepts. Relatively simple tools on top
of them enable automatic notifications of interested parties if
a concept search turns up new material or if a newly indexed
document triggers saved searches. My own company does some work
in the saved search and notification area but we don't currently
exploit the full-text index vendor's notion of concept searches
that much. I believe Autonomy does the best job of concept
searches currently among the full-text indexing companies.

- samantha