Re: OT: Fritz charade silliness

From: Alejandro Dubrovsky (s328940@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 07:59:52 MDT

Tomaz Kristan wrote:
<<<
On Tue, 08 October 2002, Alejandro Dubrovsky wrote:

> It's running on an 8-way, 900MHz PIII-Xeon. That's about as fast a
> PC as you can get nowadays.

For a small fraction of the prize, a much better PC is available. Or
even a small network of them. Fritz program supports the network.

No, no better PC exists (or not significantly better anyway). What
configuration are you suggesting? Fritz does not benefit from a network
(where did you get that idea from?), it only supports SMP systems.
Chessbase wants to win this match since it'd be great publicity (get
the best chess entity in the world for under $100)

<<<
> What exactly is your complaint?
That the hardware is (intentionally?) weak, to prove "the human
supremacy". Or something alike.

Chessbase wants to win this match since it'd be great publicity (get
the best chess entity in the world for under $100). I think you are
seeing conspiracies where none exists. In any case, this is just too
off topic, if you want to continue it, i recommend you take it to a
computer chess forum, where you might get a couple of people that have
an idea of the state of computer chess. I recommend
http://www.talkchess.com/forums/1/index.html or
http://f11.parsimony.net/forum16635/
alejandro