Some bad news

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 19:36:38 MST

Hello all. I'm sorry to announce that due to a long series of personal
financial issues, Sabine and I will no longer be able to support the
Singularity Institute materially. We will of course continue
non-material means of support, including remaining members of the board
of directors. I do want to stress that this action is taken solely due
to our finances, and not out of any change in our viewpoint that SIAI is
well worth helping.

Just to be clear, this should not affect SIAI's plans, or the donations
it has accumulated (and continues to accumulate) in its main fund. The
only effect will be that Eliezer's research fellowship is now going to
have to find alternate means of funding. Assuming that funding can be
found then things will continue as before.

Eliezer will follow up with more information about his own situation.

--
Brian Atkins
http://www.intelligence.org/