RE: AGI funding (was Re: Some bad news)

From: Rafal Smigrodzki (rms2g@virginia.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 11:02:35 MST

Ben wrote:

> -- coordination of perception, cognition and action
>
> These are rather large omissions, obviously!
>
> To make the comparison a different way: Of the 25 or so basic
> "mind-processes" in Novamente, Biomind's initial software will use
> about 5, and could ultimately use about 15.
>
> Biomind can help us create, test and tune a lot of the components
> required for AGI -- but that's still not AGI ...

### If you sneak in the need to understand the language of scientific
publication and the graphics, including photographs, into Biomind, this
would take care of a huge chunk of perception. OK, I guess this might be
difficult to get by your sponsors, unless they would come to see Biomind as
a scientist of its own, rather than a mere scientific tool. Maybe in the
next version.

Rafal