Re: Finding new support for SIAI Research Fellowship

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 23:53:57 MST

doug.bailey@ey.com wrote:
> Perhaps a nice bit of information for us to pass on to potential sponsors
> would be a listing of accomplishments and progress that has been achieved
> to date since you have been the SIAI research fellow.

The tangible accomplishments are as follows:

1) The publication of "Creating Friendly AI".
2) The production of online introductory material for the Singularity
Institute.
3) The publication of "Levels of Organization in General Intelligence".
4) Continuing support for the expansion of the Singularity Institute
(talking to volunteers, etc., especially before Chris Rovner showed up).
5) The launch of the Flare Programming Language project.

I think Edwin Evans is right, though, that "Why Work Toward the
Singularity?" covers most of the commentary/explanation/justification that
would be attached to this list of accomplishments.