Re: AGI funding (was Re: Some bad news)

From: Mitch Howe (mitch@iconfound.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 11:57:31 MST

Gordon Worley wrote:

> Re this idea, I've set up a blog in an experiment to see if this system
> might work.

My new blog is also up and running:
http://www.iconfound.com/empowermentacademy/blog/

Mine has a decidedly different slant than Gordon's, since my volunteer tasks
are of a different nature. My primary goal remains introducing and
explaining the Singularity to general readers, so this new site is mostly a
vehicle for getting entries produced and reviewed for my current project,
the Singularity Q&A. New SL4'ers may find my daily treatments interesting
for their own sake, while veterans, I hope, will continue to assist me with
editing and content suggestions.

Speaking of content, there have been a couple new Singularity introductions
added to my collection since I last made an announcement to SL4:

A Place to Stand
Evolution by Choice
http://www.iconfound.com/empowermentacademy/works.htm

As with my previous essays, these are short and approach the core idea from
different angles. (People *are* doing their best to make the Singularity
accessible to a wide audience.)

Any future announcements regarding my blog will probably appear on the SIAI
volunteers list.

--Mitch Howe