Re: My probability estimates of various scenarios

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 00:51:07 MST

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 10:24 PM, Marc Geddes wrote:

> It really is a sad state of affairs that so many human
> beings are so totally blind or apathetic that they're
> doing nothing to help bring about the 'Singularity'.
> And that the minds of so many are still gripped by
> centuries old dogmas that are opposed to science,
> rationality and progress (for instance fundamentalist
> religion). What a terrible waste of life!

I'll take it that you're putting yourself on the line here, so ... what
are you doing to make the Singularity happen a little sooner, if at all?

> Assuming that the outcome of the Singularity is
> favorable, what happens?
>
> F.A.I implements 'Sys-Op' over all of human space and
> rapidly offers uplifting to all: 30%
> Multiple F.A.I's integrated with economy help develop
> uplifting technologies gradually: 70%

On what do you base such figures? The task of managing the Singularity
in a Friendly manner will be complicated enough that no human could
have nonaccidentally correct beliefs about what will happen. At least
that's my thinking on the subject.

--
Gordon Worley                          "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/                 you show him what he is like."