Re: Uploading with current technology

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 16:32:59 MST

On Sunday, December 8, 2002, at 01:08 PM, Ben Goertzel wrote:

> http://users.rcn.com/standley/AI/immortality.htm
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Can anyone with more neuro expertise tell me: Is this guy correct as
> regards
> what is currently technologically plausible?

The Singularity and, specifically, FAI is a faster, safer way of
transcending. Super *human* intelligence is highly dangerous. Think
male chimp with nuclear feces. Unless you've got someone way protect
the universe from the super *humans*, we're probably better off with
our current brains.

--
Gordon Worley                          "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/                 you show him what he is like."