Re: SL4 Calendar of Events

From: Gordon Worley (
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 07:57:14 MST

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 03:18 AM, Cliff Stabbert wrote:

> Friday, December 13, 2002, 2:40:27 AM, Gordon Worley wrote:
> GW> I've set up an SL4 calendar of events. Currently it just lists the
> GW> monthly #sl4 and #imminist chats. If you know of other events,
> please
> GW> e-mail them to me and I'll add them. These should be SL4 related
> GW> events, and preferably Singularitarian events. Extropians et al.
> can
> GW> keep their own calendars.
> GW> You can access it on the Web at:
> GW>
> GW> Or you can subscribe to it if you use Apple's iCal or any other
> GW> calendar program that can read the ics file format:
> GW> webcal://
> I can't seem to get this working; Outlook 2002 (came with my PDA) /
> IE6 / PC. Tells me it can't import the vCalendar. MS Support lists
> some problems with getting Outlook 2002 into earlier versions but not
> much else. I can still view the .ics as text, of course, just
> wondering if I'm the only one with a problem.

The formatting of the ics file is out of my hand and this is my first
foray into the world of shared calendars so I don't really know much to
help you if it doesn't work. If you can't access it via your calendar
program, though, the Web interface is always available.

Gordon Worley                          "Man will become better when                 you show him what he is like."                                --Anton Chekhov
PGP:  0xBBD3B003