RE: Terrence Mckenna

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 16:28:34 MST

I've read some of Terrence McKenna's stuff. In its complexity, parascience
poetry and flashy graphics, it is a singular example of a high-level
intellect gone to waste.

After decades of drug abuse, McKenna developed liver cancer. His doctors
assured him that his particular drugs of abuse were not responsible for this
condition, but Mckenna disbelieved them. To his credit, IMO, he believed he
had brought on the cancer by his lifestyles choices.

I'm much more willing to believe McKenna was right about the cause of his
fatal illness than about his timewave theory.

Michael LaTorra