Re: Coding from Scratch: Jaron Lanier

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 13:33:10 MST

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 02:54:42PM -0500, Ben Goertzel wrote:
> I agree that a radically different approach to programming would help
> a lot.
>
> And I have a candidate for such an approach: Supercompilation. See
> www.supercompilers.com.

" The supercompiler does something different: it mathematically models
the source code and creates wholly new source code implementing the same
function as the original source, but in a much more efficient way. "

Ummm.... Isn't that equivalent in complexity to the halting problem?

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu