Re: Coding from Scratch: Jaron Lanier

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 17:17:55 MST

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 06:58 PM, Gordon Worley wrote:

> HTML is a good example of the direction programming should be heading.
> For example, if I forget to type a closing

HTML is a convenient example that everyone is familiar with. Yes, HTML
goes to far, because you can type just about any damn thing you want
and it still works. Not to mention the many compilers (rendering
engines, aka browsers) render HTML in different ways. So yes, HTML is
fault tolerance chaos. HTML is in the right general direction, though,
in this case.

--
Gordon Worley                      "It requires a very unusual mind
http://www.rbisland.cx/               to undertake the analysis of