Re: Towards a prototype mini-AI

From: Jonathan Standley (standley@rcn.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:45:04 MST

Ben,

I eagerly await the publication of your book, as the bit I've had time so
far to read on the net about the novamente project has greatly interested
me.

I take that when you say 'integrated system' you mean that the NN and
non-neural net components do not have 'hard' separations (ie. modular or
other compartmentalized designs)? If that is indeed the case, I can see how
such extant NN techniques would prove unworkable.

A quick question if you don't mind: How closely does the Novamente
architecture depend on neuroscience inspired mind models?

sincerely

Jon Standley
http://users.rcn.com/standley/AI/AI.htm