[Fwd: Toronto Worldcon]

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 22:36:05 MST

Sigh. I didn't make last year's Worldcon, in San Francisco, with Vernor
Vinge the guest of honor. Maybe I'd better finally get my act together
and commit to going to this one.

attached mail follows:

Greeting extropians,
  I've been rather swamped with work since taking up a new job 2 years ago,
and haven't have much of a chance to keep up with this forum, but I hope to
change that now.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting this is that I've ended up on the
Programming committee for the next World Science Fiction Convention in
Toronto this september. We've decided that the theme of the programming for
the con will be the Singularity, and we are looking for good ideas of panel
topics, speakers and authors (SF and other) who've written (even vaguely)
about the Singularity.

We've already got a large number of ideas for topics (At least 3 of the
committee members are familiar with the Singularity concept), but I thought
it would be wise to get some extropian opinions on what we should or
shouldn't do or talk about.

--
 Stirling Westrup  |  Use of the Internet by this poster
 sti@cam.org       |  is not to be construed as a tacit