Re: request an argument

From: Damien Broderick (damienb@unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 00:21:43 MST

At 10:47 PM 3/11/03 -0800, Robin wrote:

>As a moderate libertarian and a non-moderate singularitarian, I have to
>say that the "who gets laid" is skewed rather the other way. Sure,
>Extropians go to rave, but watch some of the smarter sigularitarians at
>a sci-fi con some time...

>http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/

Where you declare that:

< I rather enjoy sex. I have a particular enjoyment of having it with new
people, partly because I'm a huge neopile. >

Well, that's rather unfortunate, but then if you insist on going round...
Oh, you mean neo*phile*. Or neophiliac.

I was more dismayed by the assumption that Singularitarians would poster
their tee-shirts with HAL, of all the buggered-up non-FAI critters
available. And tattoo Ray Kurzweil's name, when they could be extolling
Vinge, < modest snip > and the copious works of our gentle host.

Damien Broderick