Re: Infinite universe

From: Simon Gordon (sim_dizzy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 18:07:40 MDT

 --- "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote: >
> Paul Hughes <psiphius@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I find it deeply satisfying on many levels the
> idea
> > that EVERYTHING exists, and I'm even willing to go
> so
> > far as to say there are an infinite number of
> universe
> > with which our current understanding (including
> all
> > know mathematics) hasn't accounted for yet.
>
> On what basis are you willing to say that? Just your
> gut reaction?

gut reaction = intuition , and intuition is probably a
better mind tool than any kind of ordinary logical
reasoning. Einstein and Goedel would agree with me.

As to my background in metamathematics, most of what i
have a currently garnered on the subject so far has
been from reading Rudy Rucker's nonfiction series =}

With regards to informal systems, they are conceivable
so sure they exist. Formal systems are but a tiny
infinitesimal subset of the set of all mathematical
systems, according to my intuition ;)

Simon.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience