Re: Infinite universe

From: Simon Gordon (sim_dizzy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 14:09:28 MDT

 --- "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote: >
> Einstein's intuition
> about Quantum
> Mechanics turns out to have been completely wrong --
> which resulted in
> his wasting a lot of the last years of his life.

Einstein's intuition about QM is that it would
eventually be resolved into a deterministic framework,
so that the whole universe would behave
deterministically and so "God would not play dice".

To this day we still dont know whether he was right or
not, it may well be the case that in the end
everything behaves deterministically in our universe
and throughout the whole multiverse.

So i dont know how you can say with any kind of
conviction that Einstein was completely wrong. For
example in a few years time it may become apparent
that hidden variables interpretations of quantum
mechanics are manifestly undisprovable. In which case
we will NEVER be able to say whether Einstein was
right or wrong.

Simon.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience