RE: Einstein

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@tsoft.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 20:32:07 MDT

Eliezer had written

> If many-worlds is correct, Einstein will
> turn out to have been absolutely right.

Tomaz writes

> Mitchell Porter wrote:
>
> > My guess is that, had it been an
> > issue for him, Einstein would
> > have critiqued many-worlds, just
> > as he critiqued Copenhagen.
>
> Einstein was dead in 1957, when Everett
> published his multi world interpretation. :-)

Yes, but that shouldn't have a smiley after it! ;-)
The technology existed to freeze him in 1955 and
Von Neumann in 1957, so what a shame.

Also, I too think that Einstein would have felt relieved
if he'd lived to hear Everett's explanation. The whole
issue for him was determinism, I believe, and the famous
dice remark refers to the universe taking just one of the
possible random branches. MWI is, of course, completely
deterministic.

Lee