RE: Singularity Institute - update

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 22:20:34 MDT

Personally, I don't consider academic AI a wasteland at all. I just
consider it misnamed!

A lot of the work being done by conventional AI theorists is very valuable
and interesting -- as math, as computer science, as guidance for useful
software engineering...

But this work -- though mostly good stuff -- rarely has much to do with what
I consider "artificial intelligence" ...

Now, say, modern theoretical sociology -- that may REALLY be a wasteland ;-p

ben g