Re: Singularity Institute - update

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 15:49:26 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> *
> an easy to use "distributed processing framework" allowing Novamente or
> other AGI systems to farm out certain types of processing across millions of
> processors, distributed.net / SETI@home style.... Again, such tools exist,
> but when you look at the details none of them are flexible enough to use
> directly off the shelf for Novamente AGI purposes, or for other AGI purposes
> either I suspect

All of the things you mentioned are very much what I had in mind
for useful modules that could be developed via OS. This one I
singled out is one I would be interested in exploring further.
Please say more, online or off, about what the requirements
would be that are not satisfiable with current tools.

- samantha