RE: Understanding morality (was: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 15:50:42 MDT

> I haven't been able to find many current decision support tools that start
> with the concept of resolving multiple world views with structured debate
> and mutual exploration other than a lot of "groupware" semi-solutions that
> really don't provide enough structure. Could you (or anyone else) give me
> any pointers to anything that you think I've overlooked? Thanks.
>
> Mark

I don't know of anything matching that description either, but I'm not a
super-expert in that area

One collaborative semi-solution is Groove, which is much liked in the US
military and intelligence community. If you built such a tool on top of
Groove, the US government could probably be sold on it -- they have an
intense well-recognized need for collaborative decision support tools and
have paid a lot for such in the past...

-- Ben G