Re: No need to rush AGI development?

From: Samantha (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 01:58:11 MDT

On Monday 19 May 2003 12:08 pm, Cliff Stabbert wrote:

> Humans as a practical matter, never mind their potential, have
> proven not to be bright enough. What is changing, ever more
> rapidly, is how much damage humans in very small groups or
> individually can do. A psychopath with biotech or nanotech is
> dangerous in a fundamentally different way than a psychopath with a
> knife or gun.

Sigh. Must everything come down to the current trend to motivation
by fear of danger from some random terrorist/psychopath/boogie man?
It is really getting quite old and I believe it seriously harms the
quality of our thinking and especially our envisioning of a future we
hope to arrive at and implementing the same.

The all-pervading fear and "fighting terrorism" is much more of a
dnager than terrorism itself.

- samantha