Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 16:47:13 MDT

Bill, I've had conversations similar to these before. I'll give the
challenge that has so far defeated every single proponent of AI regulation:

"Name one specific regulation, in enough detail to make it enforceable,
that you believe would improve the chances of a safe Singularity if the
government attempted to enforce it."

It is easy enough to call for "regulation". I have never yet heard anyone
call for some specific regulation.