Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 15:08:10 MDT

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:59:53PM -0600, Barkley Vowk wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
>
> > Barkley Vowk wrote:
> > > I think they have a word for what your condition, If I'm not
> > > mistaken it is "paranoia". Some people worry about actual
> > > things coming to get them, you've created a little dream world
> > > where future bad things are coming to get you, you have a
> > > gifted imagination.
> >
> > I'm glad the future is known in advance to be completely devoid
> > of bad things.
>
> I'm sorry, but dedicating yourself to the prevention of future
> possible badness sounds like the plot for the terminator movies.

Contradictory sentence. Well done.

> But, I'm afraid the chances of uber machines destroying the world
> is far far smaller than the chances of you just being off your
> medication. If you're going to speak for something I'm interested
> in, please try to not sound crazy, I'd really appreciate it.
> Honestly, you're going around telling people they've got a planet
> kill on their record.

Ummm, as you have just proven that you understand neither The
Singularity nor the potential impact of nanotech, I'm very curious
as to what you are doing here.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"but I'm not stupid and people are not stupid who think samely with me"