Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 16:37:28 MDT

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 06:14:58PM -0400, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:19:42AM -0400, Gary Miller wrote:
> >
> >>I would hope that if you developed an FAI and it developed the
> >>habit of visiting BDSM and hate group web pages
> >
> >Do you have *ANY* idea of how offensive it is to equate those
> >two?
>
> Heh. I knew someone was going to say that.

I'm here to serve. 8)

> I confess that I would start giving strange looks to an FAI that
> developed the habit of visiting BDSM webpages or downloading
> tentacle hentai. No offense to aficionados is intended, but you
> have to admit it would be very odd.

As an afficianado of same, it would indeed strike me as *very* odd
for something without hormones or sexual organs to develop a strong
interest in such sites.

Just for the record.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"but I'm not stupid and people are not stupid who think samely with me"