Re: intelligence.org website redesign preview

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 10:15:02 MDT

Kwame Porter-Robinson wrote:
> For what it is worth I am a graphic designer (and I
> know 3d too). I like the navigation part, but the top
> is a little bland. If you could get the same variation
> of color that is present in the nav bar into the top
> header it would be more appealing.
>
> I would be happy to come up with a logo for the SI.

Hi, Kwame... actually, we've been waiting on the new logo for quite a long
long time now, and Ziana finally did one, and then Tyrone (Rav3n) finally
did a site design, so now, by golly, we're going to correct the typos and
go with it, because, as the saying goes, there comes a time to shoot the
engineers and put the product into production.

Similarly, with respect to the other design suggestions, they are of
course welcome... but please don't be offended if we just go ahead with
what we have. The website has been overdue for an overhaul for quite a
while. Tyrone is a professional who has been kind enough to contribute
his time so far, and if we start yet another round of design suggestions,
he could easily end up reworking the site ad infinitum. Mostly, at this
point we're looking for typos and bugs.