Re: intelligence.org website redesign preview

From: hooky (hookysun@cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 23:22:51 MDT

> I don't find the logo appealing.
<snip>
And although I don't really find it offensive, that it is
> a white person's hand is a bit of a turn-off (as opposed to
> indeterminable or multiple people of different races, as is usually
> done now).

    No image is going to please everyone, and who wants to shell out cash to
research the matter? (We could DIY it: spend a little time in the local
shopping mall with clipboards and printouts (har!))

> There are too many redundant elements. For example, the "What is the
> Singularity Institute" link appears in 5 different places on the front
> page.

Word. In a word: KISS. I might have mentioned it before, but the gnu.org
site has a real appeal in its simplicity and slim, quick-load code. Avoid
the chrome. Now I realize that there's a graphic in the fat middle of gnu's
page, but the gnu's ethnicity is not plenty clear.