Special Guest Chat with Nick Bostrom: Thursday, 18 September, 7 PM ET

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:38:51 MDT

There will be a special guest chat with Nick Bostrom on Thursday, 18
September, 2003 at 7 PM ET.

(Officially the chat commences at 0:01 Friday GMT+1, Nick's time.)

Come chat with Nick Bostrom, PhD, Oxford University, Research Fellow,
regarding his transhumanist and Singularity relevant writing.

http://www.nickbostrom.com/

To participate through a standard IRC client, connect to "sl4.org" on a
standard IRC port (for example, 6667) and join channel #sl4:
        irc://sl4.org/sl4

To participate through Java applet, point your browser at:
        http://sl4.org/chat/

To clear up any confusion about timezones, go to
        http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
to see the current time in Atlanta, GA.

----
This is part of a new series of guest chats.  We are looking for well
known members of the >H community who the SL4 community would be
interested in chatting with.  Please suggest who you would like to see
(http://www.sl4.org/bin/wiki.pl?ChatGuestSuggestions) or, if you are
such a person, volunteer.  We want to hold one of these chats every 2-3
months at the start, with more frequent chats possible in the future.
   Gordon Worley  redbird@mac.com
SIAI Volunteer:  http://www.intelligence.org/
            PGP:  0xBBD3B003