Re: [Fwd: [>Htech] Artificial Development to Build World's Biggest Spiking Neural Network]

From: Lawrence Foard (entropy@farviolet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 12:09:51 MDT

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Brian Atkins wrote:

> Slight amount of new info here
[...]
> CCortex Will Rank among the World's Fastest Computers

This sort of simulation starts to raise ethical questions. At what point
is a simulation not just a simulation, but a sentient child? We could
rapidly head back down a slippery slope back to slavery, setting us up
for the worst of all worlds a violent revolution of the digital slaves.

--
     Be a counter terrorist perpetrate random senseless acts of kindness
    Rave: Immanentization of the Eschaton in a Temporary Autonomous Zone.