Re: Friendliness and blank-slate goal bootstrap

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 22:54:47 MDT

On Monday 06 October 2003 17:09, EvolverTCB@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/6/2003 9:36:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>
> ben@goertzel.org writes:
> > Of course, in perspective 2 (the scientific perspective), one never
> > answers the question whether the entity "*really* experiences qualia"
> > because the answer to that question lies in the experiential rather than
> > scientific domain.
> >
> > -- Ben Goertzel

If truly nothing experienced internally is open to science then it is
immediately obvious that not everything that is important or true is within
the realm of science. I would prefer saying that there is not general
agreement today how to treat all aspects of qualia, including the
experential, scientifically.

- s