Re: SL4 Chat: Wednesday, 5 November, 9 PM ET

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 20:08:59 MST

On Nov 4, 2003, at 2:20 PM, Tommy McCabe wrote:

> Why isn't the SL4 chat on Saturday at 9 PM ET?

A variety of reasons. The main one being we had to pick a date, and
Eliezer chose Wednesday. It's confusing to have it move around; if the
chat time is fixed, people can schedule around trying to come. We are
trying to hold some more special guest chats, like we did with Nick
Bostrom, and possibly start another monthly chat more focused on
newbies than the general SL4 audience. We are trying to hold these
events at times different from the monthly chat so that we can get more
people from around the world and who work different hours. Look for
more details on this after the new year, since right now I'm insanely
busy (as you can see, I didn't even remember to fix the date in the
body of the e-mail, just the subject).

   Gordon Worley redbird@mac.com
SIAI Volunteer: http://www.intelligence.org/
            PGP: 0xBBD3B003