Re: META: Killthread; (Re: Edge.org: Jaron Lanier)

From: Perry E.Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 07:09:39 MST

Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> writes:
> No S without I or AI, no I or AI without a substrate,
> no substrate without a basic understanding of what's
> broken in current computing, and how to fix it.

I must say I tend to agree. Technology is what this is all about, and
the technologies used in our computing infrastructure are as
fundamental as you can possibly get. (OTOH, if one merely wants to
wish for AI rather than implement it...)

OTOH, a couple of people writing have posted rambling messages
mentioning weird political commentary etc. that I'm not sure were
particularly relevant...

Perry