RE: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Peter Voss (peter@optimal.org)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 17:41:51 MST

> Ben Goertzel wrote: "Peter Voss, www.adaptiveai.com, is another guy with
Singularitarian leanings and a coherent general AI design (his design is
also not published, however)."

Our project is dedicated to developing a working AGI prototype
http://adaptiveai.com/research/realai.htm . An average of six people have
been working full time on this for two years now, and we have been making
good progress http://adaptiveai.com/news/index.htm . I'm about to publish a
year-end progress report.

> Ben Goertzel wrote: "My belief is that it's not possible to understand
Friendliness very well through theory. I plan to understand Friendliness
better through experimenting with AGI's whose general intelligence is
roughly in the dog-to-chimp range. But I'm not even there yet."

My own critique of 'SIAI Guidelines on Friendly AI' is here:
http://www.optimal.org/peter/siai_guidelines.htm

Peter