Re: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 20:07:16 MST

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 08:45:24PM -0500, Randall Randall wrote:
> Anyway, I have a suspicion (not really well defined in my mind
> yet) that the universal failure of command economies is telling us
> something fundamental about complexity in our universe.

That strikes me as pointless speculation when a much, much easier
explanation is available: command economies are limited by the greed
of their members, or at least of the planners.

I think the *types* of failures that command economies have
undergone illustrate this quite adequately.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all