Re: "friendly" humans?

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 07:39:34 MST

> There are three possibilities that we can't rule out at this point. 1) Any
> SI will have a natural tendency towards doing good.

I raised the question some time ago of whether thinking that qualia exist
versus thinking they don't exist might influence such a "tendency to do
good".

For sake of discussion :

"An intelligent being who does not know qualia will see no value in keeping
lower life forms (seen as purely mechanical) around."

"An intelligent being who does know qualia will understand that the first
person perspective generated by qualia experiencing systems is the only
absolute frame of reference to judge what is good and what is evil, and will
in the end reach its own conclusion, that you don't make lower life forms
experience evil."

mq