Re: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 13:43:16 MST

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 09:53:07AM +0100, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:
> I am puzzled by your stating that politics irrelevant, and then
> encouraging readers to support the SI. This is politics! Politics
> in its wider sense will never be irrelevant. Relations with
> friendly or unfriendly AI will be one of the political issues of
> the future.

Politics in the sense of, for example, the abuse of freedom
currently going on in the US right now. I just can't get very
worked up about it, because I don't feel it matters very much in the
long run. Or even the not-very-long run.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all