RE: c * (positive qualia -negative qualia) + (1-c)* (total complexity of pattern)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 21:49:40 MST

I agree that removing physical sources of negative qualia would be a good
idea. Please, take headaches and upset stomachs away!!!

However, removing *emotional* sources of negative qualia seems more
questionable... I'm afraid that would end up removing too much of the
valuable richness of human emotional life.... For instance -- Don't take
woman-troubles away, I'm worried they're too bound up with the joys of
love...!

-- Ben G