Re: Friendliness and blank-slate goal bootstrap

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 00:59:02 MST

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:06:59 +0900
"Metaqualia" <metaqualia@mynichi.com> wrote:

> > Be very careful here! The easiest way to reduce undesirable qualia is to
> > kill off everyone who has the potential for experiencing them.
>
> I want someone who is superintelligent, and that takes my basic premises as
> temporary truths, and who recursively improves himself, and who understands
> qualia in and out, to decide whether everyone should be killed. If you
> consider this eventuality (global extermination) and rule it out based on
> your current beliefs and intelligence, you are not being modest in front of
> massive superintelligence.

No, it is not "modest". However, as an evolved sentient being, I have an overwhelming supergoal of survival and the survival of my kind. So I will asked to be excused from lining up for the no doubt "humane" extermination of humanity if the ever so inscrutable SAI decides it must be so.

>I do not rule out that killing everyone off could
> be a good idea.

In that case I will not help you with any project you may undertake. By this statement you are a potential major enemy to much I hold dear. Please take your high-falutin intellectual stance down to the level of real people if you don't mind. Such things profit from periodic grounding.

> Death is morally neutral. Only suffering is evil.

So you would run humane death camps? I am sooo relieved!

<snip>

> I take the moral law I have chosen to its logical extreme, and won't take it
> back when it starts feeling uncomfortable. If the universe is evil overall
> and unfixable, it must be destroyed together with everything it contains.
> I'd need very good proof of this obviously but i do not discount the
> possibility.

If reality is "evil" (whatever *you* take that to mean) and "unfixable" then you will work to detroy it? Exactly how the heck do you think you, a part of reality, can go about destroying reality itself??

- s