RE: Ethical theories

From: Philip Sutton (Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 18:49:33 MST

Hi Ben,

> I'm guessing that the best way to achieve driver B is some kind of
> superposition of A with the "invisible guiding hand" of a SysOpMind...
> a decentralized system of individual agents seeking to optimize their
> own selves in an ethical, compassionate ways -- but also a body of
> broadly-visionary agent-population-control systems that learn from the
> experiences of these individual agents and create new agents
> accordingly...

Setting aside consideration of the desirability of what's suggested,
given the ease with which software-based AGIs can clone themselves
how could "a body of broadly-visionary agent-population-control
systems" actually exercise monopoly control over the creation of new
agents? Reminds me of Monsanto trying to control the propagation of
'their' seeds :)

Cheers, Philip