[REJOIN] Gordon Worley

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 19:42:27 MST

Hi, everyone.

I'm starting a new tradition. Many of us have written join posts that
months---days, hours, seconds, Planck's times---later read like
gibberish. We have become substantially different people from when we
wrote them. Rather than allow our join posts to languor, though, I
propose we fix the problem. If you're join post is gibberish, rejoin!

That said, here's my rejoin:

I'm G Gordon Worley III, a Singularitarian and volunteer for the
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence. I'm in my last
semester at the University of Central Florida earning a BS in computer
science after which I will pursue a PhD in the same or a related field.
  My career goal is to become a professor of computer science (or a
related or interdisciplinary field).

Right now I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I've given up on
seriously trying to become a seed AI programmer (barring a sudden
massive jump in g-factor), but I hope to at least be able to apply my
understanding of reality to explain the Singularitarian position to
others. I'm doing what I can to promote a positive Singularity, such
as hosting the chats and talking to people about the Singularity. I've
yet to write anything that I think explains the Singularity to newbies,
but if something reaches my standards I will release it.

Other than that, I'm trying to live a rational, altruistic, and stoic
life. It's not easy, but I'm getting better (re my join post).

                Gordon Worley
             Phone: 352-875-5808
e-mail: redbird@mac.com PGP: 0xBBD3B003
   Web: http://homepage.mac.com/redbird/