RE: Rationalizing qualia-based morality

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 13:05:12 MST

Hi,

I agree that given two universes that are identical in every other way, the
one with a better positive/negative qualia balance wins.

I also agree that given two universes with equal amounts of choice and
growth, the one with a better positive/negative qualia balance wins.

"Agree" here means in terms of my own ethic of Voluntary Joyous Growth.

So generally, agree that eliminating negative qualia and increasing positive
ones is important. However, to me this is one among a number of goals to be
balanced against each other, not the sole and ultimate goal.

-- Ben G