RE: What of a Singularity fizzling out?

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 02:58:27 MST

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:14:43 -0500, "Joseph Bloch"
wrote:

>Another possibility exists…

> d) It has happened, perhaps numerous times, but they
> just
> haven’t gotten here yet. Space is big.

>Joseph

I think, the nearest Singularity is ours, two decades
(or less) in the future. We should have seen a near
Alien Singularity as a growing void in the sky. And we
don't see anything remotely like that.

What doesn't mean, that some billion light years away
there isn't one. Or many.

Merging Singularity bubbles in the future, and maybe
even now.

On some planets "dinosaurs" might still roams, or those
planets are not even formed, but are bound to have
their own Singularity, before others will get there.

Therefore, I see the need for an objective morality. We
don't want to be incompatible, do we?

On the other hand, we might be alone also. In any case,
full steam ahead, is the best we can do.