Re: Zen singularity

From: Kevin (maitrikaruna@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 11:56:07 MST

> >Perhaps
> > there is a fairly effective barrier to expansion created by the ability
> > to think? The cosmos may be full of beings who have stopped expanding,
> > and are happy to watch nature take its course.
>
> Well, this might well be true. If it is, though, I suspect that the
barrier
> lies VERY FAR above the current level of human intelligence...

Perhaps to such beings the idea of "expansion" is ludicrous?..and the same
goes for "intelligence" and "barrier"..

> > An engineered being might possibly never experience suffering, and
> > never experience the need to change the universe to suit them.
>
> I think there are MANY possible goal-systems including a motivation for
> change, not just goal-systems involving suffering-avoidance..

What about non-goal systems? As long as there are "goal systems", of course
there will be many of them. But there is only one non-goal system, which
discards with the idea of either having goals or not having goals, or both,
or neither...

--Kevin