Re: Zen singularity

From: entropy@farviolet.com
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 08:49:48 MST

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Metaqualia wrote:

> How does Zen reveal that specifically?
>
> "Hit and run" Categorizing-Mind disengagement provided by simultaneous
> stating of opposites hardly reveals or sheds light on anything.
> It's fun, but it doesn't tell me anything truly useful.

I think this has more to do with popularization of the religion than
actual practice. I've never had my Zen friends try to talk to me in
riddles about it.

Of course there are the "I'm more Zen [or insert other Buddhist branch
here] than you are" contests you see on USENET. Imagine someone standing
outside a science building talking to all who came along in star trek
'science' language trying to impress them :)